Of course you find it important what happens with your data and you also find transparency about this important. Net4kids shares this opinion. It has been one of our core values since day 1. We do our utmost to handle your data safely and clearly. Below we will hopefully answer all your questions about your personal data within Net4kids.
On what basis do we process your personal data?
We process (official term - this includes any use, collection, storage, etc.) personal data based on one or more of the following principles:
- agreements with us (for example, contractually between the investor and Net4kids);
- legal obligations arising from the concluded agreements (for example, data that we must keep for the Tax Authorities);
- processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of Net4kids (for example, the data of local project partners who 'carry out' our projects);
- your permission / expressed interest in us. If you want to withdraw this permission, you want to view or change your data, you can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens with my data?
You can get in touch with us in different places and ways. For example, you may have completed a contact form on our website. In the case of the complete form, it concerns name, company name, email address and your message. In the case of the short form, it only concerns your email address. If you use these forms, this information will be used to contact you further. Until there is a concrete interest in cooperation, apart from the above action, nothing is done with this data.
It is also possible that you express your interest in Net4kids in another way. The same process applies to this. If you make a donation through the PIFworld / direct bank transfer platform, we may contact you through the PIF platform.
As soon as there is grounds for interest in further collaboration or if you actually make a donation, we will store your data in our CRM system “Salesforce” to the extent available and we can use it to maintain contact. By “maintaining contact” we mean all correspondence regarding possible concrete cooperation, keeping up to date with major organizational updates such as removals, any relevant news updates or general fundraising events.
We believe that if there is ground for cooperation, you also share our dream and want to be involved in what we do. Of course we limit this to information that is relevant to you. We will never approach you about matters unrelated to our mission, nor will we make your information available to others without your permission.
What personal data do we collect and why?
Net4kids only collects and stores information relevant to us. What we hold about you in personal data is, for example:
- First and last name - so that we know who we are dealing with;
- Email address and / or telephone number - so that we can reach you;
- Title function - so that we know we are dealing with the right person;
- The company you work for - so we know if we can see your interest as a private or business person;
- Language - so that we can address you in the correct language;
- Bank details - so that we can properly allocate any bank charges in our accounts.
We may validate personal data from external sources, such as checking your title function on LinkedIn. This way we can address you in the right way.
If you want to remain personally involved by post, we always coordinate this together in advance. Only then will we also collect your private address information.
In addition to personal data, as a B2B we also use business data. These are not traceable to people.
How long do we keep personal data?
We have set our retention period at 5 years. This means that we store the personal data known to us for up to 5 years after the last donation date or active involvement.
From Net4kids we often convert to costs per child per year. This calculation literally includes the educational costs for the child, but also includes costs such as teacher salary or the purchase of new school materials. Often the duration of a program that a child runs through is longer than a year - sometimes up to 15 years - and investments in infrastructure, for example, are long-term investments. The impact of a one-off annual investment is therefore not limited to one year, but is much longer.
Netkids and the investor enter into an agreement to invest in child aid projects, with the intention of making an impact on children's lives. The intention, regardless of whether the investor is still actively donating or not, is unlikely to have changed. That is why we want to keep the investor informed, even if he no longer donates in the new year. On the other hand, we understand that the investor does not want to be informed indefinitely about the impact of his investment if he has already decided to stop investing via Net4kids. Based on the average duration of the programs, we therefore maintain a retention period of 5 years after the last donation date or time of the last active involvement with Net4kids. After this period, we will request written or email permission to keep in touch for another 5 years. If we have received your permission, a new period of 5 years will start again. If there is no or negative response to this extension, the personal data will be deleted.
From a tax perspective, invoices will be kept for up to 7 years after the donation date. When it comes to invoices without personal data, this will be longer.
We have listed your rights as a person involved with us for you. In short: If you want to view, change or have your data removed, please contact email@example.com or 020 406 7550. We are happy to help you!
As a person involved with us, you have the following rights:
- The right of inspection. You have the right to access the personal data we process about you.
- The right to data portability. In other words, you have the right to receive the personal data we process from you.
- The right to be forgotten. Simply removing all your personal data completely.
- The right to rectification and addition. You have the right to change the personal data we process.
- The right to restriction of processing. If you want us to process less data about you.
- The right to involve automated call closure and profiling. In other words: the right to a human evaluation in decisions.
- The right to object to data processing. This amounts to not being allowed to use your personal data anymore.
Do you want more details about what these rights entail? Then check this website.
Net4kids and cookies.
To improve the ease of use and performance of this website and associated services, Net4kids uses the following cookies:
- Technically necessary cookies for the website to function properly;
- Analysis & statistics cookies for measuring and analyzing surfing behavior, so that the website can be optimized and improved;
- Social media cookies to share pages on social networks;
- Functional cookies that ensure optimal use of our website. Examples are Google Maps for showing a map and directions and YouTube for showing digital videos.
But what is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that is stored on the visitor's hard drive during a website visit. With cookies, for example, a visitor's preferences can be reused or the visitor's surfing behavior can be measured. The website can be improved in performance and user experience with the help of cookies. The website can also offer information that is better tailored to the preferences of the visitor.
Net4kids uses Google Analytics to measure and analyze the surfing behavior of visitors. The data obtained with this is used to optimize and improve the website. An example: if measurement data shows that a contact form is often incorrect or incomplete, this form can be improved. Google may be required by law to provide information to third parties. Net4kids has no influence on this.
The information that Google collects is anonymized as much as possible. We have asked Google to mask your IP address. You can find out exactly what these parties do with your personal data in their own privacy statements.
Social media cookies.
On this website buttons are included to share pages via the social networks Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter, or via the bookmark service AddThis. These buttons work using pieces of program code that come from Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and AddThis. When using these program codes, cookies are placed that Net4kids has no influence on. The information is anonymized as much as possible and transferred to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and AddThis, and then stored there on servers.
You can find out exactly what these parties do with your personal data in their own privacy statements.
You can limit these cookies yourself by installing various plugins such as 'Disconnect' for Chrome and Firefox.
Cookies are placed on this website to support additional functionalities. These are, for example, cookies from Google Maps for location determination and / or directions or YouTube for showing digital videos. See also the article about the use of social media cookies.
Personal settings and preferences.
If you do not want websites to place cookies on your computer, you can adjust your browser settings so that you receive a warning before cookies are placed. You can also adjust the settings so that your browser refuses all cookies or only third-party cookies. You can also delete cookies that have already been placed. You must set these settings separately for each computer and browser.
Without cookies, it is possible that our website does not work optimally, that some functions of the site are lost, or that certain parts are no longer visible.
How you can change these settings differs per browser. If necessary, consult the help function of the browser you are using. If you want to disable cookies from specific parties, you can do this via www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Changes to the privacy statement.
Net4kids Aid Foundation reserves the right to make changes to this privacy statement including cookie statement.
Changes will be published on our website. Therefore, check this page regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
Questions or remarks?
We would like to hear it. You have every right to view, change, have it deleted, freeze it for further processing or receive it in a clear overview. You can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, reach us via social media or just call 020 406 7550.